Tuesday, May 17, 2011

At the Corner of East and Now

At the Corner of East and Now: A Modern Life in Ancient Christian OrthodoxyI read this one a couple of weeks ago. I found it pretty entertaining. The writing is good enough to capture my interest and keep me reading, but it is certainly light reading. The author describes her story as a priest's wife in an Antiochian Orthodox church, often wandering about in time to tell other tidbits. Interwoven with this 'getting to know me' tale is an interesting historical account of the church. The flow of the book reminds me of another book I have read that has nothing to do with the church: Not Even Wrong: A Father's Journey into the Lost History of Autism. At the Corner of East and Now is a rainy day, lazy book that has both a feel good aftertaste and a little bit of lightbringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...