Friday, June 3, 2011

Holy the Firm

Holy the FirmThis is one of my favorite books of all time. I first read it when I was 16, in an English Genre class at Berkeley High. I loathed the teacher for reasons I cannot recall, and gave her endless trouble in my way. In the end she won the battle, I know, because I stole this book and slept with it under my pillow for years. It was one of those "perfect storm" books. I was somehow exposed to it at precisely the right moment and it entwined with my soul forever.

I can't really say this is a review, because I have no idea how to critique the words contained in Holy the Firm. I don't even like the review I just read by someone else. Talking about it is no good. You need to read it. It's short. Below is a page selection.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...