Thursday, July 14, 2011

Karl had open heart surgery today while I waited outside and prayed. I still can't get my mind around what happened to Karl in that room today.

Preparing for the operation.
I was blessed to have a good friend with me while I waited. We prayed together and when the time came, we went to see my husband. Everyone had told me to be prepared for the machinery and shock. I was not prepared. It was so hard to see my husband, my rock, so incapacitated. I feel so very sorry that this all had to happen. 

I have visited him one more time since and he is breathing on his own. This is good. We even talked and held hands. 

The doctor was able to repair his mitral valve, and replace the aortic valve with one crafted from bovine tissue. Karl did very well. The doctor also noted that Karl very much needed this surgery- his heart was failing. But with this success, soon he should be better than new!

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.


3 comments:

  1. We will be praying for speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanking God that it went well. Continued love and prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God it went well and we pray he continues to recover!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...