Monday, July 25, 2011

Saint Xenia





In thee, O wandering stranger, Christ the Lord hath given us an ardent intercessor for our kind. For having received in thy life sufferings and grief and served God and men with love, thou didst acquire great boldness. Wherefore, we fervently hasten to thee in temptations and grief, crying out from the depths of our hearts: Put not our hope to shame, O Blessed Xenia.



A friend from church came over today to help with the kids while I went shopping for much needed staples. We had time for a conversation and food, and he introduced us to Saint Xenia. He suggested that she could intercede for an outcome with regard to the kids' schooling, to moving nearer to Saint Nicholas, and finding a home nearer to and within our church community.

I have become sporadic in my reading, a symptom of too many books at once. I am lost in My Life in Christ.

1 comment:

  1. she is a wonderful Saint; if you would like an Akathist to her (I have two versions) please just sent me an email (roosejblog @ yahoo . ca ).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...