Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Shift

I am sorry I have been sparse here. Something has happened. Our homeschool year begins next Monday, so the only books I have been reading have been those that we will be using for school. I am hopeful that once we find our step this year I will have some free time to read my Orthodox books, but i am enjoying what I am reading for our home school. For example,

Beowulf: A New Verse Translation (Bilingual Edition)This is an amazing translation. I can hardly put it down. I began reading it myself and realized quickly that I should read aloud to Tristan, otherwise I would be too far ahead of him when this book came up in the schedule. So in some ways, our study of the Middle Ages has already begun.

I have mentioned before that I already have a homeschool journal. ownschool.blogspot.com . I am not sure how I will document Age of Triumph and all the rest we are doing this year- there or here? So much of it belongs here, or maybe it all belongs there. My main hesitation is the use of the homeschool blog for recordsharing with my ES from the charter. I do not know what her reaction will be to the various Orthodox aspect of our curriculum, but I will be finding out tomorrow, as that is the day of our meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...