Saturday, August 13, 2011

Today is Tikhon's Name Day.

Here is where we show are newness to the Church. Our first 'name day"! What do we do? We don't know.

Today is the feast day of Saint Tikhon of Zadonsk, my husband's patron saint. It is also a fast day, so I will make a vegan cake. What is traditional for your family's name days? With a family of 6, we will have a lot of them, and I would like to grow a tradition surrounding them.

Dear Tikhon, my husband:
May you hear your name from grandchildren and great-grandchildren!

3 comments:

  1. Many years on his name's day!!!

    I think part of the fun of being new is just doing things as you go along. Not sure what is done on a name's day but I am always happy when they occur. Enjoy the cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know what Tikhon means? Is there an English equivalent? i've always wondered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It means "hitting the mark". http://www.behindthename.com/name/tycho

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...