Friday, September 23, 2011

An Interesting Talk

I spoke to a friend, who will be Godfather to my oldest son, on the phone. It was a good conversation. The most interesting part ties into a feeling I have had for the past few weeks.

The feeling is: I have "grown up". I never knew what that meant or how I would know it. I was mostly not sure I even wanted to be involved. Now I am certain that at least an element of it, some inkling of it, has occurred. It's good.

I am consistently receptive to outside ideas in a way I have not been since I was 12 or so. I am capable of thinking outside of my current emotion. Effectively, this means I can see the point of view of another even when it conflicts with my own. Can I act upon the advice of another? Not yet tested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...