Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holy Bishop Saint Nicholas: part 2


You were revealed to your flock as a rule of faith; an image of meekness and a teacher of abstinence. Your humility exalted you. Your poverty enriched you. O holy bishop Nicholas, pray to Christ our God that our souls may be saved.

We did not make it to the Festal Vigil on Monday night. I had an appointment with my doctor and as my best friend said, I do not get to cancel doctor's appointments with the shape I am in. So we sat at home and wondered what was happening now at the Vigil. The evening service is the beginning of the morning service and to miss it is to be late to Liturgy. But this was out of our hands.

In the morning we had a visit from Saint Nicholas at home. As I explained to the kids, we honoured Saint Nicholas' memory by putting a gift and candy in each of their shoes. They were thrilled to start this tradition. Toly received spinning tops, Rome little toy turtles, Tristan stencils and a pencil and Kassi, a bell for her bicycle. Chocolate coins and oranges were everywhere.


Then we set out for church and our parish feast day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...