Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Saint Nicholas Day at our Saint Nicholas Church


You were revealed to your flock as a rule of faith; an image of meekness and a teacher of abstinence. Your humility exalted you. Your poverty enriched you. O holy bishop Nicholas, pray to Christ our God that our souls may be saved.
The icon of Saint Nicholas at our parish is so beautiful. When we were preparing for the feast day on the Sunday before, we had a chance to see it uncovered. It was covered in glass for the Liturgy.



We arrived in plenty of time for Liturgy. The children even got to meet Bishop Benjamin as he walked into the parish hall. They were quite shy- so was I- I have no idea how to behave around a Bishop. I can hardly navigate my interactions with Father! Rome was happy to show Bishop his new turtles.

I had Rome as my charge so I did not see much of the Liturgy. We were present for the vesting of the Bishop. When he put on his crown Rome said "There! Now he is beautiful!"The photos below are not in order.









I left with Rome where Archdeacon Kyrill said "As many as are Catechumens, depart."

The feast after was beautiful and delicious. Rome was curious about "all the Fathers" and "how could there be so many Fathers?"


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...