Thursday, February 16, 2012

Missing Liturgy, The Great Divorce

We were out sick from church last weekend, both services, and I miss it. Seems so long a time until Saturday night.

While I was sick I read The Great Divorce . This reading was surely first first in nearly 2 decades. I found an old paperback copy at a thrift store and bought it. What a nice, short jaunt full of thought and wonder. I am always amazed by C.S. Lewis' way of putting the desirable in with the unthinkable and making me swallow it. He is a good doctor, and despite my protest he delivers good medicine for the mind. I would like it not to be a dream. I would like, if we're making suggestions, it to be exactly what it seems and not decisions made already in life. However God works, though, he does not work my way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...