Thursday, February 9, 2012

Paschal Artos

I was asked to try my hand at Paschal Artos for this year. I knew nothing about it. I say knew because I have learned some, but really I still know nothing much about this special bread. A trusted friend at church sent me some links to recipes and gave me the special seal or stamp, pictured below:


It is silver and lovely, bearing an impression of an icon of the Resurrection. I feel especially honoured to be making the bread because this Holy Saturday is the day of my Baptism and Chrismation. I will bring this bread to the church on that day. 

I did a little research as I mentioned, but there really isn't a wealth of knowledge on the internet about Artos. I found a few sites of note:


I knew from the beginning that I would need to start practising right away. My friend assured me there was no harm in using the seal and eating the bread casually as practice. So, I tried for the first time:



I was really happy with my first attempt.

I know it isn't perfect. And, the recipes are an element I have not tackled yet. I hope that in the time I have left, I can make something acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...