Friday, March 30, 2012

Influenza

Our family has the flu. It began with Tristan, then myself and the rest of the kids. Tikhon doesn't have it. This is a bad one. I have been more sick, but I haven't even been in this much pain for so long. The only thing that compares to the head pain which lasted for the first 3 days of this flu is post-op wisdom tooth surgery, when I let my medication wear off. Even strong pain medicine, which I have taken full time this week, barely touches the flu pain. Head pain, body pain, cough and fever. All of the kids have had fever and cough. The fevers ranged from 102 to 105. I no longer have a high fever, the kids fevers are also waning. Anatoly had a seizure at the peak of his high fevers. I was mostly delirious in the fever days. We are all very weak. I have been laying in bed for 4 days now. I can only whisper today, my throat is hurt from coughing. Everyone is wet with sweat today. When I first came down with this flu, I dealt with a lot of angry feelings that an illness was slowing me down so close to Holy Week. I had plans! Things to do! I felt very sorry for myself. Now, even though we are approaching a week of complete downtime, I feel more at peace with it. This flu has given me plenty of time to think about how needful I am of God's mercy. My lifetime confession is this Monday evening, if I am well. I thought I was prepared but this week I have been scared. I hope Father will understand that I have no idea how to do this.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear you are ill! Lent can be very difficult but God will not abandon us in it. Am going to light a candle for you and family now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are doing better! Praying for you as you prepare to enter the Church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping that everything is going well with you. Keeping you in my prayers. When exactly are you being Chrismated? On Pashca?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...