Saturday, March 24, 2012

Paschal Artos update

Last time I baked a passable artos, I left a single loaf out for a week.  I have baked a few other recipes in the meantime with poor results. I left this one out because it is the recipe I have had the most luck with and I wanted to see what happened after a week.

Over the week, the outside hardened and the loaf became visibly smaller... mummification, I suppose.

Today I cut it open to see what it will be like one week after I bring it to the church.




It was fine. Moist inside... nothing wrong with it. I won't pretend it wasn't stale bread, but I don't think there's much that can be done to avoid that in a loaf that has sat out for a week. Today I am attempting to re-create this loaf and then I will freeze it as a backup. 

Why did I do this experiment? Because I have been plagued with nightmares that the artos has molded during Bright Week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...