Thursday, March 15, 2012

Preparing for Confession

I am sewing gowns and trying to make a passable artos. I am also preparing for a lifetime confession.

I worked a little on this back when Tikhon made his. He was ill so I read all of the books on confession out loud to him. Later, I renewed my interest in preparing mine when I learned I would have one- there was a time when I assumed that since I was being received by Baptism, I would not have to make a lifetime confession.

Confession likes to be forgotten about, I have found. Once I moved on from it, I neatly forgot about it until recently. Then I spent 2 or 3 weeks just thinking about working on it. A week or so ago I had a conversation with Father about it and resolved to finalise my confession. Yesterday and today I put pen to paper and got back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...